Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wow...we need to take a break...

We have been so very busy since I last blogged. Logan's birthday was last Thursday and I still cannot believe that I have a 3 year old. We started the day with a trip to the Y so I could work out and then had lunch with my friend Christie and her daughters at Logan's favorite place, McDonald's. After lunch we went to the movies to see Toy Story 3 and both boys were awesome. Logan looked up at me at one point and said "I'm having fun!" I took Layton to his first movie and he was great. He slept a little, ate some and just hung out in my lap most of the time; I doubt many people even realized there was a baby in the theater.

On Friday, we had Logan's 3 year checkup and he is growing like a weed. He weighs 32 pounds now and is 38.5 inches tall. The nurse asked me if I could get Logan to pee in a cup, and after three tries, he gave up. He had to have his finger pricked for blood and got two shots and he was such a champ. He barely cried at all.

When we got home, Luke and I got us packed up for a weekend trip to the mountains for his 10 year class reunion. We went to the family picnic Friday night and Logan had a good time playing some baseball while Luke got to catch up with some old friends. On Saturday, we went to Vogel State park for a picnic with our friends Linda and Michael, and the weather was perfect. We had lunch and Luke and Michael took Logan to play a little putt-putt while I hung out under the shelter with Layton. After the picnic, we had to get ready for the reunion dinner. We ended up sitting with the weirdest guy at dinner, and I could tell you his whole life story, and trust me, you don't want to hear it. We went over to Luke's buddy Joe's house for a little while afterward, but it was so late and we were so tired that we left soon after we got there so that we could go to bed.

On Sunday morning, we headed home to get ready for Logan's birthday party at Fort Yargo. We stopped to get Logan's cake and it was awesome!!! The lady that made it made a Lightning McQueen and Mater out of Rice Krispies and covered them in fondant and they looked great! I got to the park a little before Luke and started setting up, and while I was putting a tablecloth on the table, Layton fell out of the stroller. I was so scared when I saw him laying on the ground, but thank goodness, he didn't get hurt at all!!! Logan had a great time and got lots of awesome presents. He loved his new cleats and catcher's gear and has played with all of his other toys all week.

On another note, we have been having a terrible time getting Logan to go to bed at night. He has always been a good sleeper and for the most part, we can just put him to bed and he goes right to sleep, but for the past few weeks, he has been getting up and crying at his door. He doesn't really say why he is scared or crying, but I am hoping that it is just a phase he is going through and he will be going to sleep more easily soon.

Hopefully, we will have a few calm weekends before I go back to work in 4 weeks. I don't want to go back exhausted...it's going to be exhausting enough to get back into that routine with a new baby in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment